Punakha festival is a typical mask dance, which is more colourful and exciting. Punakha Dromchoe is eight days long festival that is devoted to goddess Mahakala. It is hosting in dramatic recreation of the scene from the 17th century battle with Tibetan Army. The local militiamen wear traditional battle gear and reenact the scene. The victory escorted in a period of newfound internal peace.
- >>>Punakha Festival – attend and witness a 8th Century mask and folk dances
- >>> Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- >>> Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- >>> Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- >>>Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.